Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School




Wow!!! It was a busy morning!  Taylor and Jordan are off to middle school together.  I talked to each of them separately about giving each other space and being supportive of one another.  They both seemed receptive.  We will see.  Taylor was extra confident and excited about going to school and has tons of friends.  She has definitely tapped into the social aspect of school.  Jo is joining Taylor at school.  For any of you who remember, we switched Taylor into another middle school in the district that was just a MUCH better fit.  We did this mid year for Taylor but was well worth it.  She's doing great and it's a great school.  Anyway, all of Jo's friends that she has made last year were going to the old middle school and so this middle school is like starting all over as far as being "the new girl".  She is willing to do it and is trusting our guidance.  I know she will do well, but will take some time acclimating.  My biggest worry is the lack of sleep she will have while doing gymnastics 5 days a week for 4 hours at a time.  Anyway, she wanted me to drive her to school and help her get situated at her locker.  I just sensed that she needed me and am so glad I went.  She was happy I was there but was OK that I was leaving her too! :)  Meanwhile Tahlia was at home getting ready with her dad who both blow dried AND flat ironed her hair for her.  Check out the pics!  He did a great job.  Tahlia is SOOOOO sad to be going back to her public school.  We were hoping that she would get into St. Brigid's Catholic School over the summer.  We are praying that she will get in mid year and she is hanging on to that hope and prayer.  She is number one on the waiting list so it will just be a matter of time.  She is telling her friends she is just temporarily attending Chapman.  Jon made sure to have a heart to heart with her that there is a possibility that she may not get into St. Brigid this year.  There were no tears from Tahlia for me this morning.  I guess Jon wiped away the tears earlier in the morning while I was gone with Jo.  I'll keep you all informed if she will be putting back on a uniform if and when that happens.  Well I'm off!  There are a million things I should be doing before the girls come home.

2 comments:

Tezra Williams said...

Where are the pics??? I want to see this flat ironed hair!!!

shufgirl said...

Wow, I'll have to share Jon's expertise with Dennis. He'll be impressed. Congratulations on a new school year. I hope all is going well for all three of them.