Friday, September 19, 2008

A NEW Cross Country Runner


This is at about the 1 mile mark, Jo was shocked to see that her sister was fast and was ahead of the pack!



Finishing up STRONG!


Taylor has recently started running cross country for her middle school.    Jon and I were ALL for her picking up running but wasn't sure she knew what she was getting herself into... Well...during meets she runs 2 miles for a time and during practice will run as much as 6 or so miles.  She is doing fantastic.  I've told her now she knows why God gave her those long legs. She was meant to run like her dad.  Her cross country girls team is broken into 2 groups for the big invitationals.  The top 7 runners from her team run against the fastest runners from every other school.  Taylor has a large team, so the rest of the girls run in the second race.  Well, Taylor's time puts her in the 8th spot so one of the fastest runners in the second group.  She has run in two invitationals and received two medals!  :)  In the first race she came in 18th, and the second 17th out of 130+runners.  She has definitely been bitten by the running bug and is SOOOO proud.  She runs about 8 minute miles which is too fast for me to comfortably keep up with...... Jon and I love going to her meets and running through the woods and fields to be able to yell encouragement to her as she runs by... It's my new favorite thing.  I hope she keeps it up through High School.

2 comments:

shufgirl said...

I'm so proud of my Goddaughter. Those are some great pictures of her running with those long legs. I wish I could be there to cheer for Taylor as she reaches the finish line.

dreamw said...

Oh what wonderful snapshots!! I can just see Jordan's eyes as she sees her sister ahead of the pack! What to go gazel!!! What a gift you have...